Monday, July 23, 2012

Edna Mae Cikel

Edna Mae (nee: Nelson) Cikel, “Nana,” 87, peacefully passed away Monday, July 23, 2012. Edna was preceded in death by her husband, Emil, and son, Jeff. She is survived by and will be dearly missed by her four daughters, Pat Lock, Pam Talbott (Doug), Karen Spranger (Bill), Barb Adrian; twelve adoring grandchildren and twenty four great-grandchildren.

The family would like to thank her niece, Debra Meltzer, for her love and compassion throughout the years. They would also like to thank her wonderful neighbors for their helping hand and friendship. A special thanks to the staff at Gentiva Hospice and the medical staff at the Veteran Hospital in Union Grove for all their support throughout her courageous battle with cancer.

Family and friends are invited to meet with the family at the funeral home on Sunday, July 29, 2012, from 3-5 p.m. to gather and share their stories of an amazing woman. There will be a time of remembering at 4:30 p.m.

A private burial for the immediate family will take place at the “Octopus’s Garden in the Sea,” Sanibel Island, Florida

In lieu of flowers please send donations to the Racine Zoological Society or Food Pantry of your choice.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints of snow
I am the sunlight of ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die

MARESH-MEREDITH & ACKLAM FUNERAL HOME
803 Main St., Racine (262) 634-7888

No comments: