Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Iris J. (Holt) Johnson

Iris J. Johnson, age 59, passed away Tuesday, December 21, 2010, at Mt. Carmel Medical and Rehabilitation Center, Burlington, WI. Iris was born in Racine, June 3, 1951, daughter of the late Donzell and Mary (Nee: Odom) Holt.

Iris was employed by California Hardware Manufacturing Company for many years. She had a passion for music and reading, and enjoyed running and biking. She was a devoted Christian and loving mother and grandmother who will be deeply missed.

Survivors include her husband, Duane Johnson; her children, Brian (Lucy) Johnson of Chicago, IL, Karida Johnson of Pasadena, CA; her grandchildren, Roosevelt Lett and Arielle Searcy; sisters, Davetta (James) McBride, Donna (Connie) Neil, Grace Witherspoon; brother, Donzell Holt; sister-in-law, Diane Johnson; and a host of other relatives and dear friends.

Private funeral services will be held. Memorials to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society have been suggested.

MARESH-MEREDITH & ACKLAM FUNERAL HOME
803 Main St., Racine  (262) 634-7888

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today my Yellow Iris plant bloomed. I gave Iris a small plant and somehow she found me just to let me know her plant had bloomed. We worked at California Hardware in the same department. What a Lady, I know she is with me as I write this comment.