Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alice R. Sodomka

DESOTO, TEXAS – Alice R. (nee: Paulson) Sodomka, 102, passed away on April 8, 2009, in Desoto, TX. She was born in Racine on October 2, 1906, the daughter of Andrew and Hilda (nee: Peterson) Paulson.

Alice was a 1925 graduate of Racine High School. On December 23, 1933, she was united in marriage to Charles Sodomka. Alice had been employed with the Racine County Register of Deeds, retiring in 1968 after 20 years of service. She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church and Eastern Star #45.

Surviving is her daughter, Julaine Guy of Desoto, TX ; grandson, Scott (Debbie) Guy of Northridge, CA; two granddaughters, Lori Lynn (Miles) Redmon of Littleton, CA, and Cheryl Horton of Flower Mound, TX; four great-grandchildren, Trey, Jake, Emily and Matthew; and sister-in-law, Lee Ann Paulson.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles, on August 5, 1964; and son-in-law, Laurie Guy, on December 19, 1981.

Funeral services will be held at Faith United Methodist Church, 1013 Harmony Dr., on Friday, April 17, 2009, at 11 a.m. with Rev. Listowel Ayensu-Mensah officiating. Celebration luncheon to follow at the church. Private burial will take place at Graceland Cemetery.

Memorials to Faith United Methodist Church or Shriners Children’s Hospital, 2211 N. Oak Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60635

Sturino Funeral Home
3014 Northwestern Ave., Racine 262 632-4479

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was able to meet Alice while working for the Register of Deeds, during my junior and senior year of high school. She showed me with great patience some of the work that I was to help with - it was enjoyable to have known her. Then during my first couple of summers of college, I was privileged again to be privy to her experience and helpful hand while I worked for two of the local abstract offices. I feel that my time with her tutelage helped me in my later years. Thank you Alice!
Beverly (Hansen) Johnson